9-14-24 Holland Evening.

Went out at 6:30pm with wife and daughter. Just a beautiful night to go have fun. Set up in 130fow straight out of Holland. South Troll zig zag between 130 and 150fow. Had just set 2nd rigger (2 rods in the water) and first rigger went. Dancing anchovy set 80' down 51 degree water. Nice 2 year old king. Got all rods set. 400 copper (never went all night) white slick/pickle fly. Outside board 250 copper took two 2-3lb kings. Super slim soda spoon. Other rigger went 70'down wonder bread stack with free slider. Free slider took hit. Nice coho. 350 copper with dancing anchovy (no hits) and 225 copper with new spoon orange/blue/green ladder (no hits). Ended up 4 for 4 two Keepers. Lots of bait and hooks from 135-145 sunset until we ran in at 8:45pm. 

20240914_220810.jpg

20240914_220812.jpg

• Like 9

Oh, one other note. I pretty much ran mag spoons and a couple flasher fly combinations. After cleaning the fish last night, their stomachs were full of small bait. Really small... If I had to do it over, I would have run standard and super slims throughout the spread. Maybe mag on bottom rigger presentation with standard/superslim sliders.

Going out again tonight and will follow my own suggestion. I will let you all know how it goes if I get out. There are still a lot of fish out there and they flood the screen as the sun hits the horizon. Until we get crazy cold weather with rain, I think they will stick around.

Good fishing everyone. What a great year!