South Holland, 9/12 pm 2-2 solo run, off the sliders, 6:30-8 pm

Not much better than you. 2 small kings that I released. Worked 110-150 FOW.

1. 3 lb king, Rigger on bottom, 117 FOW, chrome two face SD with blue green fly

2. Shaker king, 225 copper, SS A-bomb spoon, not sure FOW, found it still alive when I pulled lines. 

Marked a lot of bait and fish just couldn’t get them to bite.

• Like 1

Thanks for the report,
For whatever it’s worth….when there’s warm water around and the bite is tough we put the cannon balls on the bottom and let the free sliders do the work with ss spoons. Stealth presentation seems to help em bite. 

Don't you pickup alot of zebra mussels on your main lure that is on the bottom, or are you actually off the bottom several feet?

Sent from my SM-A156U1 using Great Lakes Fisherman Mobile App

Yes we do pick up muscles off the bottom and we try to just skim or lightly bounce on the sand. we don’t catch any fish on the main line but the sliders seem to wake up and catch fish. I wish I knew how far down free sliders run. I have to believe they work there way down closer go the ball rather than run in the middle. We only do it if we see fish tight on the bottom and Im assuming when we stir up the bottom it brings fish into the spread and the fish are close enough to see the stealthy presentation of spoons. 
we laugh about it on our boat and call it the reverse SWR. When it works to avoid a skunk it’s well worth it 😃

• Like 2

Yes we do pick up muscles off the bottom and we try to just skim or lightly bounce on the sand. we don’t catch any fish on the main line but the sliders seem to wake up and catch fish. I wish I knew how far down free sliders run. I have to believe they work there way down closer go the ball rather than run in the middle. We only do it if we see fish tight on the bottom and Im assuming when we stir up the bottom it brings fish into the spread and the fish are close enough to see the stealthy presentation of spoons. 
we laugh about it on our boat and call it the reverse SWR. When it works to avoid a skunk it’s well worth it
I like your process. But I do it a little differently. I attached fixed sliders 5 and 10 feet above the main lure if the fish are closer to the bottom or whatever depth I'm targeting. Most of the time, I will let them run free and keep an eye on the line bowing out to make sure they don't get loose and slide down top of the main lure. Still, the thought of losing a cannon ball and / or probe makes me a little $$$$ to replace them when striking the bottom.

Sent from my SM-A156U1 using Great Lakes Fisherman Mobile App