Holland north 9-4-24 evening.

I figured fish would eventually be in tight and they were but not until sunset. 6 for 6 but not until sunset and all small. Biggest fish was about 8-9lbs. All spoons no flasher/flies or plugs. 

Went north to power plant. Set up in 120fow and trolled west nw. Marked an occasional fish here and there out to 150fow. Turned around and headed east south east. About 100fow started picking up fish on bottom. We were running 1 rigger and one dipsey down there and they would check it out but no action. Just as sun hit the horizon, the screen came to life. Huge non stop bait clouds between 85-105fow. Hooks above and below. Caught all six fish in about an hour. 250 copper 2 fish w/dancing anchovy. High dipseys on setting 3 125 and 115 back mongolian beef and crabface RV spoons. Low dipseys back 180+ early then 80-100 later never took a hits. 10 color took two with green hulk uv. 

1 coho 5 × 2 year old kings. 

Weird night. Fish were there but I could get them to cooperate with the number of fish all over the screen. They just wern't hungry f9r what i was offering them.

• Like 7

Looked like we were fishing the same water and found out the same thing you did. The fish were there on the bottom in that hundred foot depth and they needed to wake up and get hungry before they would bite. When the sun went down, they got active in the screen came alive with dozens of marks.