Gary and I headed straight west from port and settled his Sportcraft in 80fow. Had marks on the screen so… lets fish! Had a 4 rigger 2 diver setup going by 6:15 heading W. Wasn’t long and we were hooked up to an 8# Ho. Came in easy, to easy! Would NOT stay behind the boat, wanted to go N. and wrapped around the corner rigger and diver lines as well as cable.  That was an exciting 5 minutes in the dark but we won! Spent the next few minutes fixing the bad lines then the diver went (160 back on 1.5) with a Pearl glow, blue ladder back silver horde. 9# king came to the net angry too. Tangled those trebles all up in the net🤨. Next inside rigger pops ( down 70’ w MS mag glow see pic, back 60’) and the fight is on.  Gary untangled the Horde while I exercised my bicep and here we go again! Another fish that wants to go N. After trying to turn the boat several times I finally suggested we just land the SOB at the side of the boat. 22# male king goes in the box and the crowd cheers!  Action was fairly steady and we ended 7/11 w 3 kings, 2 Ho and 2 S. H.  Almost every hit came on W troll. 2 on diver Horde combo, the rest riggers w a Ho n SH on free sliders. Bite shut down bout 10 as the sky began to clear. No takers on any SD/ fly combo’s. Never ran long lines. 

image.jpg

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, lil' fibber said:

Gary and I headed straight west from port and settled his Sportcraft in 80fow. Had marks on the screen so… lets fish! Had a 4 rigger 2 diver setup going by 6:15 heading W. Wasn’t long and we were hooked up to an 8# Ho. Came in easy, to easy! Would NOT stay behind the boat, wanted to go N. and wrapped around the corner rigger and diver lines as well as cable.  That was an exciting 5 minutes in the dark but we won! Spent the next few minutes fixing the bad lines then the diver went (160 back on 1.5) with a Pearl glow, blue ladder back silver horde. 9# king came to the net angry too. Tangled those trebles all up in the net🤨. Next inside rigger pops ( down 70’ w MS mag glow see pic, back 60’) and the fight is on.  Gary untangled the Horde while I exercised my bicep and here we go again! Another fish that wants to go N. After trying to turn the boat several times I finally suggested we just land the SOB at the side of the boat. 22# male king goes in the box and the crowd cheers!  Action was fairly steady and we ended 7/11 w 3 kings, 2 Ho and 2 S. H.  Almost every hit came on W troll. 2 on diver Horde combo, the rest riggers w a Ho n SH on free sliders. Bite shut down bout 10 as the sky began to clear. No takers on any SD/ fly combo’s. Never ran long lines. 

image.jpg

Fish were scattered. Caught them from 100 - 150 fow. Generally down 60-80’ at the ball.