Took out a newbie from work.  Could not get the 15 to start in the mean time I notice we are drifting away from the dock and across outgoing traffic at the launch.  Sorry guys.  I assumed the newbie would know to keep us tied up until I said something or the motor was you know running.  Fuel hose was hooked up to the 4 as soon as I swapped it over life was good.

Ran out to 85' got set up right as I got everything in the SWR rigger jumped up.  Straight up.  One color and a very good SS mag that's taken a pile of fish gone for nothing.

As I'm turning to avoid a John boat the slide diver watermelon Nailer back 180 gets jacked and starts screaming.  Then the full core digs in.  One fish is way sideways I need to turn out it nope John boat right there.  So I put the screws to the full core fish as the diver is out over 500' at this point and get a nice 4# coho on a silver size 3 J.  Finally set up to turn nope John boat is still right there so I just keep on dragging out this fight pull the diver on that side to clear it and finally we land a 13# hen that fought way harder.  Half the spread out I turn around.  Sure enough John boat follows me like a sheep.  Sped up as he was slow rolling just to be rid of that head ache.

Switching over to the glow program white spinny purple mirage fly down 100 grabs a 9# laker.

Glow program in get a 3# king on a moonshine bloody nose fixed slider down 70.

Newbie brought beer never offered me one.  Had to point that out.

About quarter to 9 full core green glow J digs in hard.  Then doesn't.  Reel it in J plug leader broken at the knot.  Another blow to my tackle inventory those things are precious.  It's somewhere near the buoy hope it finds a good home.

That was it.  For not expecting much and hearing things were tough it sounds like we all did OK yesterday.  At least the cat fish left me alone.

Newbie leaves with the fish while I'm putting stuff away no offer to help no offer for gas money.

Newbie isn't gonna be back out any time soon.

• Like 8