The Fin Warrior did not get it done tonight.  We managed two shakers and nothing more.  Because of the warmer water, the plan was to head a bit south, drop down in 120 FOW in front of the sliders.  Work SW to perhaps 175 FOW, check out if anything was happening in deeper water then head into skinny water for the dusk bite.  The program was 4 riggers and 2 slide divers with a mix of spoons and SD/flies.  Getting 6 lines in the water for unexplained reasons was a slow process so we only got out to 150 FOW by 7:00pm. The slide divers down 60+ feet were in 60 degree water – not very effective.  Down riggers were in mid-50 degree water, not ideal.  Between 135-150 FOW, there were impressive hooks from about 110’ to the bottom.   So we pulled two riggers, dropped the other two down to 100’ (140’ of cable out at the ball) and stayed there for the night working the bottom.  It was a bit like Wicked Tuna fishing, watching hooks go by on the plotter, getting a tip up but no one home.  That happened a couple of times.  We switched to a Blue Jeans glow spoon and Alarm Clock rig at dusk but only got another tip up.  The fish were there but very negative.  Only minimal bait was tracked.  Finally, at the risk of sounding like a tool, I want to give a shout out to Reel Ginger who I gave 40 degrees to SB as the give way vessel to allow his pass only for RG to complete the pass and abruptly steer 180 back across my bow to chase shallower water after a radio report.  We were the only 2 fishing boats in the immediate area.  It happens, life is short, always best to move on. 

• Like 3