Holland North/Port Sheldon 8-13-24

Went out this morning knowing that water temps were going to be an issue. Pushed north up towards Port Sheodon and set up in 110fow. Tons of marks so why not. I had a lot of different stuff out at first but finally figured it out. Water was 72 at surface and 66 90ft down. So, down I went... way down.

Ended up 13-20. Kept 8. Released 5 back to grow up (1 & 2 year olds). 3 break offs which were screamers and the rest were hookups and horsing them too hard. All kings.

What worked. Tried spoons and a couple plugs and flasher flies all over the spread early. Plugs seemed to work, so plugs is what they got everywhere.

Riggers down 90 and 105. Green splatter back captain's choice glow and yellow splatter back same. 

Inside wire divers 124's deeper divers back 195-210. Yep I know. Down there. Caught some zebra muscle but it was worth it. Ran white Jplug with black lightning glow and white ladderback captain's choice glow. 

325 copper and 350 copper. Early ran both with white lighting red face plug and white with purple ladder back glow. Took fish then shut off. Switched to Megatron flasher/green fly and other custom flasher chrome with purple ladder Uv tape krw blurle/green uv fly caught a couple more.

Fished between 115-140fow northwest and southeast trolls. Tried to keep as close to 2.5 at the ball as I could with weird currents and depth I was running things. Most hits came on turns either stalling lures or speeding them up. High divers back 275-300 never took any hits. 225,250,300 coppers I tried never took hits. You had to be way down in the water.

• Like 6