Fished 6:30-9:30 south off palisades . 85-95 fow. 8-9. 200 weighted steel with bloody nose , 200 with crab face, 300 with blue flounder , yellow dragon slayer with yellow mirage on high diver 120 back, green flounder free slider with main down 65, four bites on 10 inch white slick with krw the blue green dolphin fly down 75. Marked fish top to bottom but the higher fish bit earlier with the rest coming on the riggers coming at sunset . 23lb on the big king that hit the bloody nose but it sure looked bigger. Great night with great friends. IMG_1812.JPGIMG_1816.JPGIMG_1355.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Great Lakes Fisherman

• Like 4

I love weighted steel over copper.  I have many reels of both but I seam to always grab the WS first.  They both sink to equal depths - I know this because I measured it with Smart Troll probes.  Copper wanders more like leadcore but I just like the way it runs in and out of the reel.  Bloody Nose on WS - I can see you running that set up many more times in the future.  Congrats on the 23# king.

Thanks for answering my burning question of weighted steel. The sink rate. I love how it comes off the reel also as well as how easy it is to untangle. Catch rate hasn’t changed either.

Sent from my iPhone using Great Lakes Fisherman