Holland/Saugatuck 8/7 AM 16for20

lake finally settled down so at 5.30AM PUG took 3 boys and I south outta Hollland down off sliders and in front of Saugatuck 

60fow at 6.02AM we got a big one on 5color drop weight size5 scaley green jplug

very quiet the next 90min

found em then in that 94-97 fow and just pegged away on them for a couple hours

we were 9 for 9 going for a perfect 10 Olympic style but lost 3 in a row and PUG got grumpy for a bit

combos that worked:

scaley green size5 or size3 or size4 jplug took over half of our bites - if you have one run one

they didn't really want spoons except halfameal on cop300 went a couple times

chrome spindocter and green fly went a bunch too

hit em as deep as copp350 (aka 80down) and as high as 5color (aka 20down) so spread throughout water column for sure but still very much concentrated in that mid-90s depth 

fish turning dark and starting to get ready to run!

my one son turned 14 yesterday and PUG wasn't going to stop til we hit 14 :)

20240807_115114.jpg

20240807_114221.jpg

20240807_104651.jpg

20240807_115017.jpg

IMG_4060.jpg

• Like 6

thanks guys

when you go tonight my best advice would be to go light on spoons and meat since it never really went but to run spinnies chrome with green fly and dig out some green jplugs

also with the way the lake is flipping I doubt you'll wanna fish deeper than 100fow especially coming into sunset... shoot in a couple days this pack of fish might be right in the piers - hopefully so because I think we are going Friday night

and this is the old school scaley green plug that went 10 times this morning... we were kinda in disbelief that it seemed like all they wanted. At one point we had 4 of them out. Took many fish on 5color, 10color, and cop350. Broke off 2 --> stinking coho spin and tangle harness!

if you have any old school green ladder that oughta bark too PUG says...

Screenshot_20240807_142904_Gallery.jpg

• Like 1

We lost 3 plugs in one day late last year.  I made up a couple of 2' leaders of 30# mono to run in front of my plugs.  Doesn't seem to  deter the fish from biting.  Those salmon teeth are starting to show!  Maybe it's coho or maybe it's the teeth.