Headed out with the O'Neals about 5:30pm straight out of Holland, setting down in 115FOW and pointed the bow south.  Ran 4 riggers with 2 deep spoons and 2 higher SD/flies, 2 mono dipseys with spoons a bit higher and one long line down the chute starting with a blue & silver J.   About 40 minutes into the troll (after repairs required to a broken rigger clip right out of the gate), a SH hit SWR, the deepest line.  After a respectable run, Mr. SH came flying out of the water and the hook set - gone.  A blue powder fly on a blue SD came through about 20 min later in slightly shallower water producing a 6lb Coho(N).  Shortly thereafter, SWR got bit again.  A big run ensued and then the mighty fight began.  But half way into the battle, the King gained the upper hand and let go of the hook. Tom was now 0 for 2 and dreading jumping on another rod..  10 min later we got bit again on the powder blue fly producing a small king that we released to grow big for another day.  After another short break, we got a big hit on the crystal fly that took a lot of line.  Tom fought this one hard and with Janet's expert netting, we boated a 16.5lb King(N) . . . and there was much rejoicing as Tom now landed a nice size King to erase the previous misses.  We had another drive by soon thereafter but then it got quite as we were well south of Saugatuck harbor.  We turned around to a north troll to attempt to repeat some of the magic we found going south.  Almost an hour went by without a bump.  Prior to dusk we dropped a night program of Moonshine Blue and Green Jeans glow spoons on the deep riggers.  An Alarm Clock rig and white SD/fly on the high riggers, Bloody Nose and Kevorkian spoons on the dipseys and pulled the long line.  The Alarm Clock rig took the first pre-dusk bite with a pounding run.  This time, I could move the fish a bit without neutral drops and with patience, boated my first 20+lb fish for the season (came in at 21lbs).  Late in that battle, SWR got hit and the adjacent DR tipped up.  Not sure who got into who but we had to cut through the mono DR line with the SD/fly to release the three lines that came together and decided not to put any of them back down.  Just as we were getting that cleared, the port side dipsey got bit, like we needed that too on the same side of the boat but the fish came off fairly quickly.  We pulled lines progressively to call it a night without any other bites.  Not a lot of chatter on the radio other than the capsized boat I believe was near Grand Haven sending 2 people in the water that were recovered.  Bite seamed to pick up for the fleet near dusk.  Our long line was silent.  Planned on running meat on one deep line but the action was steady that I never got around to making that switch.  I would have liked to give a shout out to Parker but it got too busy on the back of Fin Warrior at dusk and we decided not to stay out long as the O'Neals had trave plans for the weekend.  I have some video I may post tomorrow.

# Time Fish Weight FOW Latitude Troll Wind Dir. Speed @ Ball Rod Bait Depth Bait Temp Bait
1 6:38pm Steelhead Miss 120   S N 2.3 SWR 70'@ball   Mag Blue Silver foil spoon
2 7:00pm Coho 8 111   S N 2.4 DR 20# 66'@ball 45 Blue SD / Blue fly
3 7:10pm King Miss 112   S N 2.5 Dipsey - Mono 54' 45 Mag Blue Dolphin foil spoon
4 7:19pm King 5 108   S N 2.5 DR 20# 66'@ball 43 Blue SD / Blue fly
5 7:35pm King 16.5 108   S N 2.2 DR 20# 66'@ball   Blue & Green & Silver SD / Crystal fly
6 7:55pm King 8 111   S N 2.2 SWR 70'@ball   Mag Blue Silver foil spoon
7 9:05pm King 21 116   N N 2.2 DR 20# 65'@ball 44 Alarm Clock SD/Fly Glow Rig
8 9:20pm King 6 118   N N 2.2 DR 20# 66'@ball   Mag Glow Blue Jeans spoon
9 9:25pm   Miss 119   N N 2.3 Dipsey - Mono 52'   Mag Bloody Nose spoon

Image preview

image.thumb.jpeg.6f199745d8a575e94fcc1641bc1e1c81.jpeg

• Like 7

good grief both you and JDH got into em good! thanks fot all the details 

PUG swears if you guys would've stayed trolling til 11pm at the rate u were going both of you would've limited out!

we had most of our bites after 10pm and for example when pulling in the 10color at a rapid clip in 88fow at 10.55pm a king scarfed it up

• Like 1