8for15 south of Holland 7/26 PM

PUG headed out later tonight, setting lines closer to 8.15PM.  Just like the last few trips by the time the night was over south of Saugatuck off Oval and it was 10.45PM and we were still fighting fish…

Thankfully Randy from Wave Dancer was already out there and had found the fish in 130FOW biting on a South troll at 2.5MPH speed is what he shared and sure enough he was right!

Ended up going 8 for 15 with a 24# and 22# king in the mix.  Had a few heartbreak losses on screamers that we fought for a while and eventually the hook just pulled.  One tried to empty all our 10 color backing and the other just smoked a copp300 so hard it nearly buried the board.  Still for only 2.5hrs of fishing PUG felt quite content with our results.

What worked was that 130FOW mainly south troll at 2.5MPH

Highest bite was 10 color which went 3 times so 40 down

Otherwise riggers went about a half a dozen times in that 40-62 feet down range

Copp300 went 3 times

All of the above were on spoons that glow (mainly moonshine)

High dipseys went 2 times with spindoctors and flies out 180-190

Fishing seems REALLY GOOD off of Holland/Saugatuck right now – not just is there a solid bite but the size of the fish suddenly seems to have improved – for example Wave Dancer who helped us out over the radio went 10 for 16 and they had a legit 30# king and a 24# king and a 22# king and then qty2 18# kings!  CONGRATS TO THEM

20240727_000834.jpg

Screenshot_20240726_225722_Maps.jpg

20240726_225259.jpg

• Like 6

Nice catch.  Agree, there are lots of big kings to be had if you can keep them hooked up.  I was fishing close to the same area and was going to give you a shout out but between the fish hitting and the three line tangle we had with a double including our big king, it was just too busy on the back of the boat.  We pulled lines early after that but would have liked to stayed out a bit longer.  Iced the fish for a 9:00am cutting.  Hats off to you for taking care of that when you got in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zgrinder on Fin Warrior said:

Nice catch.  Agree, there are lots of big kings to be had if you can keep them hooked up.  I was fishing close to the same area and was going to give you a shout out but between the fish hitting and the three line tangle we had with a double including our big king, it was just too busy on the back of the boat.  We pulled lines early after that but would have liked to stayed out a bit longer.  Iced the fish for a 9:00am cutting.  Hats off to you for taking care of that when you got in.

That's why I don't fish much in the evening.  I need my sleep! LOL