Lines went down at 2:30 on Saturday. Started in 60fow and ran out to 80fow. Temps went up the farther we went out so we headed back in and worked 45-60fow straight out from the pier heads. First hit was 60fow on a slider. Rigger was down 42 so guessing mid 20s down; all yellow spoon, 8# steelhead.

#2 was on the other rigger’s slider in ~50fow. Rigger was 42 down so again mid 20s at the slider; UV Blue Dolphin, <1# king that we set free.

Appeared to have a double as our dipsy went and shortly after the rigger went. Never fought the fish on the dipsy. My wife caught her first salmon on the rigger rod though. <1# king that we also set free to be back with his twin we let go earlier. Rigger, down 42, spoon that looks very similar to a Stinger Kevorkian. We were in 60fow.

Had one more rigger pop but the fish was non-committal. Pulled lines around 6. We will say we ended 3/5 with one keeper.

Thanks to 2MD for his Friday report and the guy in the channel who yelled to stay shallow. We fished out of holland with nearly a skunk Friday night. Worked 120-140fow with 30 other boats. 1 for 2 after 4 hours. Lost a smaller fish to a crazy jump, probably 4ft of air - #1 dipsy back 120 on #3 setting. Caught a <1# king on a 10 color with orange crush spoon.

IMG_4897.jpeg

IMG_4901.jpeg

• Like 3

I got some little ones down out from St Joe last Sat. Got to fight some big ones and brought home some cohos so it was worth it. Rather eat them hos anyway. They're delicious!

Question, where you guys puting in at Saugatuck? I'm thinking about coming over "maybe" next weekend. My wifes out of town so just me and my dog. Figure I should probably go fishing somewhere. 

We launch out of Shultz park in Douglas. Season pass is $75 or it’s like $8 or $10 a day. It’s a solid 30 mins to the pier heads though as most of the river is no wake. Don’t put your rods up until you get past the Bluestar Highway bridge (don’t ask how I know that).

You can launch at Red Dock as well off of Bluestar but not much parking and hard to do by yourself.

Will be very busy this weekend 26-28th as it’s Venetian Festival weekend. Weekend after should be ok. 

• Like 1