Sorry for the late report - Hit the water about 4:30 PM - my crippled brother-in-law just steered - and myself.

Set up in 120 NW of port - south of lighthouse. It seemed pretty slow going for some time - by about 6:00 we were 0 and 2 - with a nice steelie getting off of 100' copper with double orange crush spoon.

Marked good amount of bait south of Big Sable Point...went about 1/2 mile north of point and turned around, not until we got south of the lighthouse in about 150 FOW - we had our first real rip on 300' copper with mag Moonshine green happy meal  - king ripped a few hundred feet of line then after a few minutes of hanging on - got unbuttoned - sitting 0/3

then - within 30 minutes +/- of sunset - we lost 2 more and landed 3 - all kings 20#, 10#, 6#

20# hit the deep rigger 105' down on mag Blue Jackal

10# hit rigger 60' down on mag Green Knight

6# hit rigger 60' down on mag Green Knight

No dipsy bite for me - couldn't get going - just a 6 rod spread - 2 riggers, 2 dipsy's, 2 coppers on boards...

BTW - wind was persistent out of the south - and the water was really sloppy in my 18.5' Spectrum - still good to get some fish in the box - tight lines!

• Like 2