Holland 7/12pm & 7/13am - 7/9 Combined

Fished 7/12 Friday night & 7/13 Saturday morning this weekend, so combining into one report. Combined 7/9, 6 Kings, 1 Lake Trout. Found some good size with the kings weighing 7lbs, 14lbs, 17lbs, 20lbs, 20lbs, and 21lbs! Good class of adults this year!

Friday evening fished 8pm-9:30pm, Saturday morning fished 5:45am-Noon. But all kings were taken in an hour window right at sunset in the evening, or an hour window right at sunrise Saturday morning. Saturday morning the lake was absolute glass and sunny so I suspect that contributed to the early shutdown from the Kings. All kings were caught in 90-110FOW, targeting the 49 degree temp line, 30-60 down generally.

Bite was all spoons (mostly green jeans) and meat rigs for me. I always have a few flasher/fly combinations in the water but none of them took hits.  

7/12pm: 3/4 (Landed a double of a 20lb & 21lb king!) - All fish caught in 90-110FOW straight out to very slightly North of Holland. Temp break wasn't deep, 30-40ft down, so 200 coppers & divers set not far back did the work.

• 8:30pm (King, didn't land) - 200 copper: Moonshine RV magnum Green Jeans Spoon
  • 9:00pm (7lb King) - Low Diver 80ft back: Dbl White Pearl SD w/ Pickled Sunshine Meat Rig
  • 9:30pm (21lb King) - Low Diver 100ft back: Green Dot Chrome "The Closer" SD w/ Chrome Two Face Meat Rig
  • 9:30pm (20lb King) - 275 Copper: DW magnum A-Bomb Spoon

7/13am: 4/5 - 3 Kings, 1 Lake Trout. Lost one in the morning as we doubled up right away on coppers on boards, they slammed both boards on the same side at the same time. Was able to narrowly avoid tangle and land 1 of the 2 to start. Kings were all in the first hour of the morning in 90-110FOW, 40-60ft down roughly. Again generally straight out from Holland. West/NW troll took all Kings.

• 6:00am (King, didn't land) - 200 Copper: Moonshine RV magnum Green Jeans Spoon
  • 6:00am (14lb King) - 275 Copper: Moonshine RV magnum Five Eyes Spoon
  • 6:30am (17lb King) - Low Diver 100ft back: Green Dot Chrome "The Closer" SD w/ Chrome Two Face Meat Rig
  • 7:15am (20lb King) - 200 Copper: Moonshine RV magnum Green Jeans Spoon
  • 11:15am (10lb Laker) - Low Diver back 200ft: Green Dot Chrome "The Closer" SD w/ Chrome Two Face Meat Rig
    • 150FOW, targeting late day Lakers with my low divers.

For context, my low divers are wire running DW 124mm divers on setting 1.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, zgrinder on Fin Warrior said:

I bet you slept well on Saturday.  That almost qualifies for an all-nighter.  Nice fishing and many thanks for the report.

Haha, 2hrs of sleep, but so worth it. The lake conditions were too nice not be out there!